SIGNIFICANCE AND ADVANTAGES OF LNG:
The growing significance of LNG in the past few years is connected with the overall increase in demand
for natural gas.
The use of liquefied natural gas is spurred by the development of transport possibilities of LNG, and
above all the expansion of the methane transporter fleet (204 units in 2006 – data according to: The
Maritime Business Strategies data, LLC; by 2010 another 145 ships will be built), as well as the large
price competitiveness of LNG in relation to gas transported via pipelines.
The location of gas deposits throughout the world in places which are difficult to connect using pipelines
with countries, who are the chief recipients of that gas, also has a vast significance on the increasing
interest in LNG. The use of liquefied natural gas is also an excellent method for covering the peak
demands for gas.
On completion, participants in the course will be able to:
• Develop strong foundation in Process Engineering in upstream and mid-stream Hydrocarbon Industries.
• Acquire Process Engineering excellence for LNG terminals and related facilities.
• Effectively and confidently take part in LNG Import Terminal design, engineering, operation and project
• Improve plant productivity and efficiency incorporating more optimization program.
• Understand the special characteristics of LNG Terminal that its contribution in “LNG/gas value chain”
• Apply matured and experienced expertise in developing plant and Terminal layout that incorporates
critical safety features, while accommodating vital equipment - tanks, re-condensers, vaporizers, BOG
compressors, pumps, and other equipment including LNG tanker unloading. will be well explained with
the purpose for each component.
• Contribute taking Lead role in developing Operating Guidelines and key trouble shooting aspects.
Training Agenda for Process Engineering In LNG Terminal Facilities Onshore & Offshore
Process Engineering and Process Engineer-Key “content and quality” – How to Sync in Career.
• Sharp definition of process Engineering & Key Attributes of Process Engineers.
• Process Engineering Deliverables encompassing (LNG) Plant Life cycle and their categorisation.
• How to comprehend, develop and prepare important key process deliverables.
• Process Engineering and cross-functional interdependencies.
• Process Safety and Process Control & Dynamics.
• Standard, Code, API-RP, Guide lines etc for process engineering.
• Process Deliverables under the purview of Regulatory companies.
• Recommended KPI for the Process Engineers – Project & Profession.
LNG Terminals and Process Engineering with Case studies–Achieve Professional Excellence.
• Process Flow Diagram and Process Description for the LNG Terminals – Import & Export with key
• Key differentiators and selection criteria for onshore and offshore LNG Terminal impacting process
engineering and economics.
• Various Liquefaction Process Technologies and their applicability.
• Process Simulation for Liquefaction plant and process facilities for Export and import terminal
• State-of-the-art technologies specifically for Regas/Import LNG terminal located on land and near
shore/at shore floating terminal(FSRU).
• Key Features of the capital equipment – Design criteria, Functional specification, cost and
vendors/supplier with refence to the Import Terminal.
• Key safety aspects covering the design and functionality of the facilities – HAZID, HAZOP and QRA.